As summer approaches, I’m ready to start utilizing my grill again. There’s nothing quite like grilling on a nice, warm, sunny day, and my goal for this summer is to focus on fish and seafood. I truly am trying to eat lighter and healthier this year, and I know that fish and seafood have a reputation for being some of the best diet proteins. With all this in mind, I decided to try throwing my crappie fillets on the grill last time I made them. With a simple spice rub on top, these turned out absolutely delicious, and I can’t wait to make them throughout the entire summer.
*This recipe makes enough for two
8 oz Crappie Fillets
1 tsp Paprika
½ tsp White Pepper
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1. Mix the spices together in a small bowl until they are entirely incorporated.
2. Lightly drizzle the fillets in olive oil. Do not drench them; only put on enough to lightly coat all sides of the meat.
3. Sprinkle the spice rub all over the oiled fish, and rub it in. It’s possible that there will be some of the spice rub leftover. It all depends on how large the fillets are. Do not feel the need to use all of it.
Kitchen Tip: If you enjoy this fish spice rub, and frequently eat panfish, this spice mixture can be made up in a large batch and stored in a sealable jar for future use.
4. Brush a non-stick grilling tray with olive oil. Make sure it is thoroughly coated or the fish will stick.
5. Grill at 400 degrees for three minutes. Flip gently with a fork so the fish doesn’t break apart, and grill for another three minutes.
This fish is so easy to make, and is absolutely perfect for a hot summer day when the stomach can’t handle a heavy dinner. Served with a side of asparagus or other green veggie, this healthy dish can’t be passed up if you are trying to eat a little healthier.